So what did this past week bring us?
- Shot on iPhone contest winners,
- FBI hacking tool for just 100$ on eBay,
- Untieable Nike shoes,
- Alejandro as a victim of a depth control,
- Hidden Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger,
- Facebook developing something useful,
- The Verge with a helpful article for Alexa owners,
- TikTok learning that privacy matters the hard way,
- and an unbelievably stupid idea from the USB Implementers Forum.
Here’s even more interesting news. Enjoy!
2019 Shareholders Meeting
On Friday, Apple held its annual shareholder meeting. There are two interesting tidbits I came across while reading the news. From Bloomberg:
He (Tim Cook) said eventually the goal is to lower the price on the $1,200 MacBook Air laptop with a higher-resolution screen and said there’s a “long, great roadmap of fantastic” products related to the Apple Watch and AirPods. He indicated that more health features would come to the smartwatch.
And from The Mac Observer:
Apple offered a remarkably rare tease of a new product feature during its annual shareholder meeting, the first that I can remember in years of covering these events. In response to a shareholder question about iPad Pro models, USB-C, and the inability to do video over USB-C, Apple senior vice president Craig Federighi said this feature was coming.